You spend most of the time, both actively and passively, at your home. Thus, home appliances become one of the essential aspects in order for you to live a quality life. Above that, in India, we tend to hold onto our home appliances for as long as possible; therefore, we want to get the best of them. One of the essential home appliances: the Geyser Water Heater plays a crucial role in getting us out of bed. Especially in winters. And winter is coming.
Therefore, in this article, we will discuss and cover all the characteristics required, in detail, to get you the best geyser water heater land at your home.
Most of us want to get rid of traditional water heating methods to ensure the safety of our families and to save time. Also, quite a few other parameters play their roles when it comes to buying the water heater that suits you the best.
Types of Geyser Water Heaters in India
Before we jump into particulars of best water heaters for you to choose from, let us clear out what you need to know about water heaters. To start, let us understand the types of water heaters available in the Indian market.
1. Instant Water Heaters
As the name suggests, Instant water heaters are known to get the water heated almost instantly. These geysers have a heating rate of around 3 to 4 kilowatt. While these heaters have a high heating rate, the storage, naturally, is not the strong point here. An Instant water heater holds a storage capacity in the range of 1 to 3 liters. Also known as the Demand Type Water Heaters, these have been compared to the heating rod due to the mechanism that goes to build both. The main difference between the two is that the Instant water heaters have quite some built-in safety features in it, as compared to the heating rod.
2. Storage Water Heaters
Also called Hot Water System, these heaters have a higher heating capacity than the former. These heaters have large tanks that will allow you to store hot water for a much longer duration of time as compared to the Instant water heaters. The large hot water tanks in storage water heaters hold a storage capacity up to 60 liters in one go. While these are affordable and available at a lesser price than Instant versions, the space they cover when installed on a wall is undoubtedly higher.
Comparison of the two
|Parameters||Instant Water Heaters||Storage Water Heaters|
|Time to heat water||Takes a few seconds;
|It takes about 5 minutes to
get the water heated up
|Space||Covers small wall-mounting
|Bulky. Covers up a more
substantial portion of a wall
|Lifespan||These water heaters work in
the long run due to the
absence of a water tank
|Lower lifespan as compared
to the Instant version
|Heating cost||Low as less time is required
to heat the water
|It takes longer to heat water,
thus, heating cost
automatically goes up
|Efficiency||These geysers ave up to 30%
of energy consumption
|As water is stored in the tank,
it has to be utilized
thoroughly. Thus, energy
consumption is not very
|Uses||Best suitable for hand/utensil
washing and bathing using a
|These water heaters can be
used for bathing using a
shower and/or a bucket
|Convenience||While the water is heated
faster than Storage version,
there are chances for water
to break during a bath as
there is no storage
|In this case, you will have to
wait for the water to get
heated, but it goes for the
whole bath due to the
presence of water tanks
|Sizes||These are available in the
Indian market in sizes: 1L,
3L, 6L, and 10L
|Available in sizes within the
range of 6 to 35 liters
|Price||Costlier. A 6-liter instant
water heater costs around 7
to 9 thousand.
|Less costly. A 10-liter storage
water heater is worth 6 to 7
Now that you understand the types and characteristics of geyser water heaters available in the Indian market let us explore the top 10 geyser water heaters.
Top 10 Geyser Water Heaters in India
As we have cleared out the main aspects to look for in a water heater while buying one, here are some suggestions:
|Best Geyser Water Heaters
|Havells Monza EC 10||10L||2000w||5 year warranty on Inner Container||Buy Now|
|AO Smith HSE - SDS - 15||15L||2000w||7 years on innner tank and 2 years on product||Buy Now|
|Bajaj New Shakti Vertical Storage||15L||2000w||2 Year Manufacturer Warranty||Buy Now|
|V Guard Victo Water Heater||6L||2000w||Heating Element -36 months Inner Tank - 84 month||Buy Now|
|American Micronic AMI-WHM3-15LD||15L||800W /1200W/ 2000W||2 years on Product||Buy Now|
|Morphy Richards Lavo EM||15L||2000w||2 years on Product||Buy Now|
|Havells Instanio 3 - Litre Instant Water Heater||3L||3000w||5 years on inner container and 2 years on product||Buy Now|
|Racold Pronto Neo 3 KW Water Heater||6L||3000w||2 years on Product, 2 years on Heating Element and 5 years on Tank||Buy Now|
|Crompton Bliss 3-Liter Water Heater||3L||3000w||2 years on product||Buy Now|
|Usha Misty 25-Liter Water Heater||25L||2000w||7 years on tank, 3 years on heating element, 2 years on product||Buy Now|
1.Havells Monza EC 10
Being one of the leading names in the electrical appliances industry, Havells is known to provide the best products in India.
- It has Feroglas technology, which keeps the water heater tough on hard and hot water; moreover, it rules out the risk for corrosion.
- The geyser’s heavy-duty anode is designed to match with the water pH levels. Also, it protects the Incoloy heating element from accumulated scales.
- It comes with an adjustable knob that can be used to set the water temperature as it suits you.
- The water heater comes with the capability of handling water pressure up to 8 bars; that makes it suitable for high rise Indian buildings.
- It includes PUF insulation that helps with efficiency as it reduces the loss ofheat.
- In order to prevent any short circuits, the geyser comes with the ELCB (Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker) feature.
- It comes with a 2-year comprehensive warranty and a 5-year warranty on the inner tank.
* The installation of this water heater is free in most cities in India. * The product holds a star rating of 5 out of 5 as per BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) standard. * Saves energy better than most water heaters. * Inbuilt features to ensure safety
* A little inconvenience and confusion resulting due to the color of the temperature knob and its needles, both, being white * The mounting of the geyser is supposed to be vertical; thus, it may not go with low height bathrooms.
2. AO Smith HSE - SDS - 15
AO Smith is one of the top brands in the United States. However, while entering the Indian market, this company has made sure to understand and meet the requirements of its customers in the country.
- This geyser water heater comes with a digital panel that helps to set and adjust the temperature of the water within the range of 25 to 75 degrees centigrade.
- The heating element in the water heater is glass-coated. Therefore, the resistance to corrosion is high.
- Considering the Indian market, the company has designed this geyser to work with hard water conditions.
- The water heater has the power of 2000 watts. Also, it is capable of handling the pressure up to 8 bars.
- This geyser comes with advanced PUF technology that helps with power savings.
- Warranty on this geyser: 2 years of comprehensive warranty, 2 (plus 2 extended) years on the heating element, and a 7-year warranty on the inner tank of thegeyser.
* Free installation in the municipality cities. * They are designed for high rise buildings in India. * The height of the water heater is lower as compared to most water heaters
* The free installation does not include the cost of any additional fitting materials like pipe nipples or hoses. * Does not provide free installation in small towns
3.Bajaj New Shakti Vertical Storage Water Heater
Growing up in India, most of us are acquainted with the company: Bajaj. As the company prioritizes Indian citizens’ requirements, their water heaters are best known for their durability and safety.
- To ensure the safety of the water heater, its surface is cut out of Mild Steel. Whereas, to prevent the insides from rusting and/or corrosion, the geyser is coated with a glass line.
- Safety measures also include the Incoloy water heating element in order to prevent the geyser from sediments.
- The water heater is built to handle high water pressure. Also, it has a 4 in 1 multifunctional safety valve to induce pressure and water in a smooth manner.
- In order to withstand high pressure and prevent overheating or dry heating, the product comes with a fire retardant cable.
- It holds the capacity to work with a power consumption of 2000 watts.
- The water heater provides a warranty of 5 years on the tank and 2 years on the geyser overall.
* The geyser ensures a long life span due to the presence of the Incoloy water heating element. * This water heater is extremely safe - friendly. * It is suitable for pressure pump installations and high pressure of the water. * A more energy-efficient geyser as compared to the most available options in India
* Installation charges of the water heater are not covered. * It holds a rating of 3 stars by BEE standard.
4.V Guard Victo Water Heater
The company, V Guard, is counted amongst the best new entrants in the industry. Having said that, the fact that they are emerging does not affect the quality of water heaters they manufacture.
- While this water heater is manufactured by local manufacturers, it is safe to say that it has features of all the best-rated geyser water heaters.
- The water heater is engineered using a solid stainless steel body that guarantees safety.
- Above that, to solidify the safety measures, it consists of a 4 layered protection system: a thermal cut-off, multifunctional valve, a thermostat, and a conciliatory anode.
- In order to prevent the geyser from heat loss, this appliance comes with PUF insulation.
- As the product is made using a high-quality Incoloy element, this water heater is best known for handling the hard water.
- Also, the water heater EPAC (Engineered Polymer Anti Corrosion) technology to prevent the inner tank of the product.
- The appliance comes with a product warranty of 2 years, a heating element warranty of 3 years, and an inner tank warranty of 5 years.
* Free installation along with the inlet and outlet pipes. * 5 stars rated water heater as per the BEE standard. * Energy efficient * Durable due to its several and inbuilt security features.
* The time required to heat the water is more as compared to other similar water heaters. * It does not work well when used back to back.
5.American Micronic AMI - WHM3 - 15LD x Water Heater
The Indian company, American Micronic, is one of the growing companies in the industry of appliances. The ISO certified company manufactures some of the best home, kitchen, and cleaning appliances at an affordable cost.
- The water heater is known for its high energy efficiency quality. Statistically, its energy loss has been counted as 0.41 units, which makes it one of the most energy-efficient geysers.
- As this water heater comes with inbuilt safety measures from damage, it is most suitable for places that have a hard water problem.
- The water heater provides 3 different power modes: 800 watts, 1200 watts, and 2000 watts.
- Keeping user convenience in mind, the appliance comes with 2 different knobs to pre-set the temperature. Also, it has light indicators to inform you as and when the water is heated up to the fixed temperature.
- The inner tank is protected from corrosion and scaling with the use of magnesium anode and lining of titanium enamel glass.
- The warranty period on the water heater is 2 years comprehensively.
* The compact size makes the water heater suitable for low ceiling bathrooms. * It allows setting temperature within the range of 35 to 75 centigrade. * It has a feature of automatic power shut off to save energy and heating cost.
* As the company, American Micronic is new in the industry, and the repair centers are not available widely. * The installation of the appliance is not paid by the company.
6. Morphy Richards Lavo EM Water Heater
Morphy Richards has been serving appliances in Europe for more than 80 years. Being part of the leading manufacturer of heating and domestic appliances, Glen Dimplex Group, the company provides some of the best water heaters in India too.
- In order to prevent the geyser from corrosion, the appliance has an inner tank coated with a glass line.
- Above that, to rigidify the protection system, it comes with magnesium anode to fight against corrosion, as well as to maintain the pH levels of the water. Also, that leads to prevention from sediments.
- The unique feature of this geyser is its climate control setting; it improves the climate and overall ambiance of the bathroom.
- Keeping Indian buildings in mind, the water heater is designed to handle water pressure up to 8 bars.
- The water heater has a digital panel that shows the temperature of water while consuming it.
- To cut down electricity consumption, this geyser has PUF insulation, which also keeps the loss of heat in check.
- The company provides a warranty period of 2 years on the water heater.
* Adjustable with seasonality due to the presence of the climate control feature * It has a heating element that lasts longer than most of the water heaters * It has a rating of 5 stars by BEE standard. * A good speed of heating up the water
* Extra installation cost * According to the reviews, the after-sales * service is not up to the mark.
7.Havells Instanio 3 - Litre Instant Water Heater
The company, Havells, has made the list twice. Well, firstly, because it is worth it. Secondly, it provides a diverse range of water heaters in the Indian market.
- The geyser provides an ABS plastic for the outside body; it prevents the appliance from rust, as well as from any electric shocks.
- The stainless steel of 304 grade is used to protect the internal water tank of the geyser.
- To ensure the safety of its users, the product comes with a fire retardant power cord.
- The water heater can easily manage water pressure up to 6.5 bars.
- For user convenience, the geyser turns on the LED indicator to show if and when the water is hot enough for consumption.
- Its additional features include a safety valve, a thermal cut off, a non-ferrous pressure plate, and a copper heating element.
- Havells provides a warranty of 2 years on the water heater and 5 years on the inner water tank.
* It is highly preferred by consumers residing in cities. * A shockproof water heater. * It provides a pair of Flexi pipes to the customers. * As the name suggests, it does not take long to heat the water.
* Its vertical mounting is not suitable for low ceiling bathrooms or kitchens. * As it has a capacity of 3 liters, it is not suitable for a place with a large group of people or joint families.
8.Racold Pronto Neo 3 KW Water Heater
This company is one of the best local manufacturers in India. Therefore, it understands the requirements of Indian customers based on climate and priorities and offers the product based on the same.
- It is a 3-liter instant water heater; thus, it works best for quick use.
- The water heater provides its consumers with ensured safety by offering features like a thermal cut-off and a thermostat.
- Due to the presence of an Anti-siphon system in the appliance, this geyser is known for its protection against dry heating and backflow of water.
- In order to rule out any risk of short circuits or shocks, the water heater comes with PUF insulation.
- This geyser ensures automatic temperature control due to the availability of the stem type thermostat.
- The water heater can handle water pressure up to 6.5 bars.
- The warranty on the appliance is of 2 years. Whereas, it also gives a 5-year warranty on the inner water tank and a 2-year warranty on the heating element of thegeyser.
* Designed inspired by craft in Italy; yet, built as per Indian requirements. * The heating of the water takes no time. * The appliance holds 5 stars as rating by BEE standard.
* Not suitable for showers due to the absence of storage capacity.
9.Crompton Bliss 3-Liter Water Heater
Formerly known as Crompton Greaves, this Mumbai based company is one of the leading Indian Multinational Companies in the home appliances manufacturing industry.
- The water heater is engineered using ABS material for the body; that makes it one of the long-lasting appliances. Also, it helps to keep the geyser rust free.
- To ensure that the consumers get a full-proof safe system, the water heater comes with a multifunctional safety valve.
- Above that, to solidify its safety system, the appliance has an advanced 4 level safety measure arrangement.
- The heating element of the water heater is made of copper; thus, it fights against corrosion and scales in the internal water tank.
- Keeping user convenience in mind, the water heater has inbuilt LED indicators to alert you as of when to switch off the geyser.
- The water pressure handled by this water heater goes up to 6.5 bars.
- The company provides a 2-year warranty on the appliance.
* The inner water tank is prevented by stainless steel. * The product is designed to prevent the backflow of the water. * It is always a ready-to-use product as the time required to heat the water is very less.
* The storage capacity of the heater is almost negligible; that makes it unsuitable for usage for a long duration * Free installation is not provided by the company.
10.Usha Misty 25-LiterWater Heater
The water heater range, Misty, is best known for its utility, safety systems, and, most of all, its affordability.
- The water heater comes with the inner tank that has a single wield lining; that rules out any risk of unwanted leakage of the water.
- Glass-lined enamel is used to coat the inner tank of the appliance to save the geyser from corrosion and/or sediments.
- The company engineered it with the Incoloy 800 heating element; thus, it saves energy at its best.
- This geyser water heater can withstand the water pressure up to 8 bars. Therefore, it is suitable for high rise buildings in India.
- The appliance comprises a thermostat that is adjustable and high precision.
- In order to save power, the water heater has the feature of auto shut off.
- Usha provides a warranty of 2 years on the geyser, 7 years on the inner water tank, and 3 years on the heating element
* The product has a rating of 5 stars as per BEE standard. * As the body is made with the use of ABS plastic, the design of the geyser aligns with the Indian bathrooms. * Time taken to heat the water is very less as compared to other similar water heaters. * Free installation, as well as the mounting kit provided by the company.
* The water heater is bulkier than most other options available. * It does not work at its best in extreme cold weather conditions.
Do you use a geyser water heater that deserves to be on the list but is not mentioned? Share with us in the comments and help a fellow citizen.